How do you like living in Sanford FL? Help other buyers and post your comment here. Promote your city and share your opinion with our readers!
[srpmap lat="28.8141352" lng="-81.3427379"]
Sanford, FL 32771
Dunwoody Subdivision Sanford FL
One of the best located townhome/condo communities in Sanford is without a doubt Dunwoody, often referred to as Dunwoody Commons or Carriage Homes at Dunwoody.
The community consists of two sections (not separated within the community, however the subdivision has 2 gated entries and 2 community pools). One part (the older part of the community, built 2004-2006) are the town homes at Dunwoody. Many of them do not come with a garage but all of them have screened porches, some with private views. The other section of the community, the newer part that was built between 2006 and 2008, are the Carriage Homes at Dunwoody. The ownership of these is condominium. These condos are either ground floor or first floor units. Ground floor units have a screened in porch, first floor units have a screened balcony. There are also two story units available.
Here are some of the benefits of living in Dunwoody:
- Best location: literally a minute away from I-4 and 417 (without the noise) and 3 minutes from Seminole Town Center Mall, Route 46 Entertainment Complex and Colonial Town Park
- Next to new shopping plazas with dining and entertainment (walking distance)
- Relatively low HOA fees
- All units have either screened in porches or screened in balconies
- Gated community with 2 pools
Disadvantages of living in Dunwoody:
- Not all units have a garages which can lead to storage problems
- Relatively small properties (none of them is over 1,900 square feet)
- Mix of Townhomes and Condos
Number of Homes:
- Dunwoody Townhomes: approximately 205
- Carriage Homes at Dunwoody: approximately 152
- Total: approximately 357 properties
Price Range: $80,000 – $150,000
Amenities: 2 community pools, gated community
Approximate HOA Dues: $150-$225/month (depending on type of home)
Built: 2004 – 2008
Sizes of homes: 1,036 – 1,864 square feet, 2 and 3 bedroom town homes and condos
- Elementary: Northwest Cluster
- Middle: Sanford Middle
- High School: Seminole High (recently featured in Newsweek as one of America’s Best High Schools!)
HOA Web Site: -
All data gathered summer 2009. Please contact us at 407-340-6458 to confirm or update. Thank you!
Fill in the form below for more information about Dunwoody in Sanford FL.