How do you like living in Lake Mary FL? Help other buyers and post your comment here. Promote your city and share your opinion with our readers!
[srpmap lat=”28.7826617″ lng=”-81.3040568″]
lake mary, FL 32746
Chase Groves is one of the largest, well known neighborhoods in Lake Mary. Started in the early 90s, this popular un-gated subdivision has over 800 homes. Chase Groves then again can be divided into smaller subdivisions such as Chase Crossings, Chase Pointe, Chase Ridge or Tuscany Chase, however, they usually are not referred to. Within Chase Groves there are also 2 town home communities, Townhomes at Chase Groves and the newer The Villas at Chase Groves (new construction still available!).
During the mid 2000s boom Chase Groves was very popular, mainly because of its Lake Mary address and good location in the Sanford/Lake Mary area. However, when prices started dropping, Chase Groves, like many other neighborhoods, became strongly affected by foreclosures and short sales. Nevertheless Chase Groves remains a popular subdivision and definitely offers some benefits to home buyers:
- Location: Close to I-4, 417 (literally next to it) and shopping, dining and entertainment of Colonial Town and Seminole Town Center
- Lake Mary Address: Despite its closeness to Sanford, Chase Groves is still located in Lake Mary which adds value to homes when re-selling (because of Lake Mary’s fame of good schools and its nationwide ranking as one the most desirable places to live)
- Compared to other neighborhoods in Lake Mary, Case Groves is quite affordable and homes are newer and will need less updating
- Very low HOA fees
However, there are also some down sides and things to be aware of about Chase Groves:
- Some of the homes in Chase Groves are literally next to highway 417
- One of the builders in Chase Groves (Maronda Homes) does not have the best reputation and is often criticized for using cheap materials and building overly plain homes
- You may have a Lake Mary address but you are not zoned for Lake Mary’s schools (which for most buyers is a reason why they would look in Lake Mary in the first place)
Number of Homes: 852
Price Range: $125,000- $340,000
Amenities: Tennis Courts, Park, Playground
Approximate HOA Dues: $15.00/month
Builder: DR Horton/Maronda
Built: 1991 – 2002
Sizes of homes: 1052-3160 square feet
- Elementary: Northwest Cluster
- Middle: Millenium Middle
- High School: Seminole High (recently featured in Newsweek as one of America’s Best High Schools!)
All data gathered summer 2009. Please contact us at 407-340-6458 to confirm or update. Thank you!